Bose Soundbar 700 vs Sonos Beam: This post is going to a head-on side by side Sonos vs Bose soundbar competition, in which we are going to compare their most selling Bose Soundbar 500 vs 700 to find out which one is really the best soundbar for you to buy in terms of sound quality, specs & features, design, and connectivity.
So let’s dive in!
If you are in hurry and don’t want to read the full post then check this out!
I know due to many reasons sometimes we don’t have time to read the full post and want quick information.
So keeping that in mind, this section for you Here’s the best budget Sonos soundbar.
Sonos Beam Soundbar
- The smart, compact soundbar for TV, music, and more
- High definition sound & bass
- Easy control – Control Beam with your voice, remote, the Sonos app, and more.
- Compact size – At just 25.6 inches,
- Simple setup – plug, play & enjoy
- Connect to other Sonos speakers to enjoy brilliant sound in any or every room.
If you want to know more about the Sonos beam soundbar and its all features then read the full post.
Now It’s time to go over the Bose soundbar 700 vs Sonos beam comparison guide!
Bose 700 Soundbar review
Bose 700 soundbar Specifications:
|Model||:||Soundbar 700 Bose|
|Size & Weight||:||2.2 H x 38 W x 4.2 D inches”, 10.5 pounds|
|Mounting||:||Wall Mountable, Tap top|
|input/Output||:||Optical audio input, 1x HDMI arc, ethernet port|
|Connectivity||:||Wired, Wifi, Bluetooth|
|Buttons||:||Don’t have any|
|Control||:||Remote control, App control, Voice control|
5.1 built-in channel, Dolby Digital, DTS sound technology, Connectibility with other bose system
Customer Ratings- 4.5 stars out of 5 (Overall total)
- Bose 700 soundbar Sound Quality- 4.6
- Easy to install- 4.1
- Voice control- 4.0
- Value for money- 3.6
- Bose 700 soundbar Remote Control- 3.8
- Bose soundbar 700 setup– 3.6
Bose 700 sondbar has all the features that we can see in Bose 500, plus more that wish that will be that, so let’s check all bose 700 soundbar features.
And you can buy bose 700 soundbar in two classic color white and black.
Bose 700 Soundbar Features:
- Bose 700 soundbar has compact and beautiful loking premium design.
- It is intntegrated with Digital dolby, DTS sound technologies to give powerful immersive sound experience.
- There also deep bass with every thrilling sound, enough to booming your room.
- You can easily connect bose 700 soundbar with your Tv either with HDMI or Optical port and there’s also wifi and bluetooth feature availiable to stearming online.
- If we talk about it’s controls then there are various ways to control like universal remote control, Bose app control and voice control.
- With it’s active noise cancelling mic you can even take calls and talk, straight from the soundbar mic.
- Bose 700 smart soundbar is part of the Bose Smart Family, so it can connect and works with other Bose smart speakers and soundbars for a multi-room listening experience
- with Bose SimpleSync technology, you can pair a member of the Bose Smart Family with selected Bose headphones for a personal listening experience or with a Bose Bluetooth or SoundTouch speaker for synchronized music playback in all rooms.
Bose 700 Soundbar: Pros and Cons
- Compact & beautiful premium design
- Super Easy to setup
- Integrated with powerful sound and deep bass.
- Various ways to control: App, Voice and from bose 700 Universal remote.
- Noise-free mic
- Compatible to connect with other bose devices wirelessly
- Alexa and Google supported
- Expensive bose soundbar model
- No Chromecast built-in.
- Extra bass lovers, need to connect separate bose subwoofers.
Sonos Beam review
Sonos Beam Specs:
|Size & Weight||:||2.7 H x 25.6 W x 3.9 D inches, 6.35 pounds|
|Mounting||:||Wall Mountable, Tap top|
|input/Output||:||1 HDMI, Ethernet RJ45, Optical audio input|
|Connectivity||:||Wire, Wifi, Bluetooth|
|Buttons||:||Volume up/down, play/pause, microphone|
|Control||:||Voice control, App control, Remote control|
3.0 built-in channel, Microphone, Separate wireless connection with speakers & woofers, Dolby Digital, Streaming services- Airplay2, Chromecast, Pandora, TuneIn
Customer Ratings- 4.7 stars out of 5 (Overall total)
- Sound Quality- 4.4
- Volume control- 4.3
- Easy to install- 4.2
- Versatility- 4.1
- Remote Control- 4.1
- Value for money- 4.0
Sonos Beam soundbar is equipped with many smart & rich features like wireless connetcivity, internet and on top of that voice assistants support that let you can control beam soundbar with an app.
Sonos Beam Features:
- Sonos beam has very compact and stylish design in 2 differnt color variants white and black, plus it’s super easy to setup just unbox, plug to play, automatically remote detection and enjoy.
- You can even control the soundbar either with app or voice command.
- This sonos soundbar mode has 3.0 built-in channel with RJ45 internet connectivity.
- Users can connect with wireless bluetooth and wifi as well as wired connection also availiable.
- Sonos beam not only good for TV but also for music and video games as it provides Crisp, HD immersive sound quality.
- Users can adjust bass, treble from Sonos phone app.
- And the best thing this sound bar also support streaming services like Airplay, Chromecast, Pandora, TuneIn.
- Users can also add seprate wireless onos One SLs for surround sound or Sonos Sub for added bass. And always free to connect with other Sonos speakers to enjoy brilliant sound in any or every room.
- This soundbar also comes with built-in microphone.
- And as for the power supply, it runs on 100-240 volts 50-60 Hz AC power.
Sonos Beam: Pros and Cons
- Sleek and stylish design
- Amazing sound quality from a compact-sized soundbar
- Easy to setup
- Bluetooth & wifi connectivity
- Smart features with Internet
- Streaming services available
- Can controllable from voice, app and universal remote
- Very responsive with Google and Alexa voice commands
- Can also play music/videos from your phone
- Sonos ecosystem for music and multi-room audio
- Not come with a built-in subwoofer and needs separate ones to connect, So people who expect tons of bass may be disappointed. But this can be avoided by connecting a separate Sonos sub.
Sonos vs Bose Soundbarback to menu ↑
What’s the difference: Bose Soundbar 700 vs Sonos Beam
Design & Size
Bose 700 vs Sonos Beam: Design & Size
Both soundbars Sonos beam (size 2.7 H x 25.6 W x 3.9 D inches) and Bose soundbar 700 (size 2.2 H x 38 W x 4.2 D inches) have small but compact designs with the sturdy build quality.
But Sonos Beam design feels more sleek and good looking as its corners are rounded and best for big living rooms as it has also 5.1 surrounds sound support. Plus connect other Sonos sound devices wirelessly via app and sync with beam soundbar.
And if you looking for the best soundbar saving space then the Sonos beam soundbar is the best option for you as it’s few inches smaller and even lighter than Bose 700 soundbar.
Sonos vs Bose Soundbar winner: Sonos Beam Soundbar
Bose Soundbar 700 vs Sonos Beam: Sound Quality
Sonos beam and Bose 700 soundbar both give an amazing sound experience than the TV, but Sonos beam has a high edge on sound quality because it has a 3.1 as well as 5.1 built-in channel while soundbar bose 700 has also 5.11 built-in channel.
On the other hand, on both soundbars bass can be adjusted but the only difference is that bose 700 lets you do it from universal remote and Beam let you do it straight from its app.
If we compare bass levels, then Sonos beam has more deep bass levels than Bose 700 and I think you will need to add a separate bose subwoofer if you mostly love bass.
Bose soundbar 700 has a very unique feature that is also mentioned, it’s dialogue mode which enhances the clarity of every word and gives the best movie experience. You can activate it from Bose soundbar 700 remote by pressing the speech bubble.
The only thing to bear in mind while activating this feature is that it only works best with watch programs that have to speakings and are not suitable for music or gaming.
Sonos beam also this feature with another name Speech Enhancement feature, which also does the same thing (like Bose 700 tv sound system) enhance the clarity of words while watching movies or TV shows.
Like I said both soundbars have quite similar sound features but by choosing Sonos beam, you are getting more advanced features.
Sonos vs Bose Soundbar winner: Sonos Beam Soundbar
Set up & Connectivity
Sonos beam vs Bose Soundbar 700: Set Up & Connectivity
Sonos beam & Solo 5 bose soundbar both can be easily set up by connecting few cords to the power supply that’s all. Just plug, play and enjoy!
You can set up both soundbars on the table-top or on the wall by using a wall mount.
As for the bose soundbar 700 tv sound system, it has Optical audio input, HDMI arc, Ethernet port for internet connectivity as wired connection options with devices and Bluetooth or Wifi to connect wirelessly.
On the other hand, the Sonos beam soundbar has also 1 HDMI, Optical audio input to connect with TV and an Ethernet RJ45 port for the internet. Users can also wireless connect it with devices via Wifi and Bluetooth.
With an HDMI port, users can also connect to gaming consoles or other 4K devices. The optical audio port also does the same thing.
But this feature really set apart Sonos beam from Bose 700 as t has more options to connect with streaming services. Users can stream via Airplay2, Chromecast and Pandora.
Which are not available in Bose 700 soundbar.
And the best part is you can even connect separate Sonos devices wirelessly and sync via the app with Sonos beam soundbar to get an amazing sound experience in every corner of the house.
Same thing we can also see in Bose 700 family devices but with limited features.
Sonos vs Bose Soundbar winner: Both have very similar specs but Sonos beam has more great specs.
Sonos Beam vs Bose Soundbar 700: Controls
Controlling makes it convenient to use the devices and this is no different in Soundbars as there are many things and features we want to control according to our convenience.
And Beam soundbar also has the upper hand in controls, There are many options that users can use especially tech-savvy to control this soundbar like Voice command via Alexa or Google Assistant, Using remote control and also from its Sonos S2 App.
Plus, there are also touch capacitive buttons on the soundbar- volume up/down, play/pause and microphone usage button.
On the other side, in Bose Soundbar 700 Tv sound system also has an app and Universal remote to control it, but with no physical button on the soundbar.
But one of the good things about its universal remote, you can add multiple other devices on this remote and use it to control them too. So one remote for many devices. which is quite convenient. But that’s only going to work with compatible devices.
Sonos vs Bose Soundbar winner: It’s a tie.
Sonos Beam vs Bose soundbar 700: Smart features
With both soundbars Sonos beam and Bose 700, users get RJ45 & wifi input to connect to the internet that enables its many features like voice control via APP, Alexa or google assistant.
You can even give the command to switch on/off the TV (only if your TV supports CEC features and if you connect it to the soundbar with an HDMI-ARC cable), checkout news, play music from youtube many more things like that you do with google assistant in your phone.
Apple users can also stream music via Airplay2 streaming available in this soundbar.
But Sonos beam supporting more streaming services like Chromecast, pandora and Tunein that we do not get in Bose 700.
Sonos vs Bose Soundbar winner: Sonos beam soundbar
back to menu ↑
Bose Solo 5 vs Sonos Beam: Price
In this Sonos vs Bose soundbar comparison, Sonos Beam has much affordable and the best soundbar. In which you are getting a smaller compact design, good sound quality with heavy deep bass, universal remote and no hassle in setup.
While on the other hand, Bose soundbar 700 had a 2x-2.5x times the expensive price tag.
Sonos has many great features and options that I think you can’t find it this affordable pricing tag,
- Bass, Treble and Speech adjustment straight from mobile app
- Internet connection,
- Ability to separately connect wirelessly with other Sonos devices
- Voice and App control
- Streaming services
So I can recommend If you want an affordable soundbar with many smart features then buy Sonos beam soundbar.
Bose vs Sonos Soundbarback to menu ↑
Advantages Sonos Beam over Bose Soundbar 700
- Much affordable and less price
- Many great specs
- Compact sleek design
- More control on audio settings
- Wireless connection to other Sonos devices
- Streaming services- Airplay2, Chromecast, pandora, TuneIn support
FAQ: Most Asked Question on Bose Soundbar 700 vs Sonos beam Soundbar
Is Sonos Beam better than Bose?
Yes, Sonos beam is better than bose soundbar, Read the full post to know why Sonos beam is far better soundbar!
What is the difference between a Bose 700 and Sonos beam?
Sonos beam soundbar has smart features like internet connectivity, voice commands and amazing sound quality, I suggest you read this post full to know all reasons and details.
Can you add a subwoofer to Bose Soundbar 700 & Sonos beam?
Yes, you can connect multiple same brand devices wirelessly