Sonos Beam vs Playbase: This post is going to a head-on side by side Sonos Beam vs Sonos Playbase soundbar competition, in which we are going to compare their most selling Sonos Playbase vs Beam to find out which one is really the best soundbar for you to buy in terms of sound quality, specs & features, design, and connectivity.
So let’s dive in!
Sonos Beam vs Playbase: What’s the difference
Sonos beam and Sonos playbase both soundbars come with active amplification type and 3.1 built-in channel with 5.1 channel support that you can get when you connect separate speakers.
Sonos playbase soundbar has a built-in subwoofer within it but in Sonos beam subwoofer is not much good so chances are high bass lovers going to like that but the best part is its support separate subwoofer which you can connect wirelessly.
Both soundbars even have support to connect other Sonos devices wirelessly.
As for audio technology, both sonos soundbars supports Dolby digital to give an extreme thrilling sound experience.
Sonos beam has a built-in Chromecast, Pandora, Tunein and even supports Apple Airplay2.
Sonos playbase doesn’t have any built-in streaming services but it supports Airplay2 and Spotify.
Sonos beam has more connectivity options than Sonos playbase. Plus one most noticeable thing is that playbase doesn’t have bluetooth. This is mainly built for TV.
If we talk about all connectivity options available, then Sonos beam has HDMI, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wifi, Optical digital.
On the other hand, Sonos playbase has only wifi, Optical digital & ethernet.
Both soundbars can be easily controlled by their remote controller, plus users also can control it via app and voice using google assistant or Alexa.
And to make the voice control even better Sonos beam has an inbuilt mic that just focuses on your voice commands.
Sonos Beam Specs:
|Size & Weight||:||2.7 H x 25.6 W x 3.9 D inches, 6.35 pounds|
|Mounting||:||Wall Mountable, Tap top|
|input/Output||:||1 HDMI, Ethernet RJ45, Optical audio input|
|Connectivity||:||Wire, Wifi, Bluetooth|
|Buttons||:||Volume up/down, play/pause, microphone|
|Control||:||Voice control, App control, Remote control|
3.0 built-in channel, Microphone, Separate wireless connection with speakers & woofers, Dolby Digital, Streaming services- Airplay2, Chromecast, Pandora, TuneIn
Customer Ratings- 4.7 stars out of 5 (Overall total)
- Sound Quality- 4.4
- Volume control- 4.3
- Easy to install- 4.2
- Versatility- 4.1
- Remote Control- 4.1
- Value for money- 4.0
Sonos Beam soundbar is equipped with many smart & rich features like wireless connetcivity, internet and on top of that voice assistants support that let you can control beam soundbar with an app.
Sonos Beam Features:
- Sonos beam has very compact and stylish design in 2 differnt color variants white and black, plus it’s super easy to setup just unbox, plug to play, automatically remote detection and enjoy.
- You can even control the soundbar either with app or voice command.
- This sonos soundbar mode has 3.0 built-in channel with RJ45 internet connectivity.
- Users can connect with wireless bluetooth and wifi as well as wired connection also availiable.
- Sonos beam not only good for TV but also for music and video games as it provides Crisp, HD immersive sound quality.
- Users can adjust bass, treble from Sonos phone app.
- And the best thing this sound bar also support streaming services like Airplay, Chromecast, Pandora, TuneIn.
- Users can also add seprate wireless onos One SLs for surround sound or Sonos Sub for added bass. And always free to connect with other Sonos speakers to enjoy brilliant sound in any or every room.
- This soundbar also comes with built-in microphone.
- And as for the power supply, it runs on 100-240 volts 50-60 Hz AC power.
Sonos Playbase Specs:
|Model||:||Sonos Playbase bar|
|Size & Weight||:||28.4 x 15 x 2.3 inche, 18pounds|
|Mounting||:||Wall Mountable, Tap top|
|input/Output||:||Ethernet, optical, coaxial, Wifi, Bluetooth|
|Buttons||:||Power, Volume up/down, Bluetooth|
|Control||:||by remote, App & Voice control|
3.1 & 5.1 ch built-in channel support
Sonos Playbase Features:
- Sonos Playbase comes with 3.1 built in channel with upto 5.1ch support and built in subwoofer for deep bass.
- The sound built with Dolby digital technology to give you extreme surround sound experience,
- This soundbar has various smart features and internet connection port (Ethernet RJ45).
- In sonos playbase soundbar, there are various ways to connect with TV ot other devices both in wired and wireless.
- And the best part, you can even connect to this soundbar using wifi, that’s makes it a smart soundbar, full of possibilities.
- You can control this soundbar with your voice, app and with remote controller.
Sonos Beam vs Playbase (2021): Side by Side Comparison
- Audio Features
- Streaming Services
- Multichannel Audio Formats
- User Manual
- Power Supply